Standard Home Inspection
(Pre and Post Sale Inspection)
Inspections are, as a minimum standard, based on the Alberta Home Inspection Regulations & International Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
Inspections include, but are not limited to, the following items:
JMA’s standard Home Inspection covers (as required) “Assessment and Recommendations” of the following items and may also include topics covered by Specialized Knowledge.
- Site Grading - Drainage - Sumps
- Drive & Walkways - Decks - Patios
- Gutters - Down Pipes
- Retaining Walls - Garden Fence and Buildings
- Exterior Building Cladding and Finish
- Windows - Exterior Doors
- Roofing - Flashings
- Chimneys - Vents
- Decks – Steps - Patios
- Foundation - Structure
- Dry - Wet Decay
- Attic - Underside of Roof
- Interior Wall - Ceiling - Floor Finishes
- Kitchen & Laundry Appliances
- Plumbing System - Bathrooms - Kitchen
- Heating and Cooling systems
- Electrical Systems
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Condominium Inspections will include the items covered by a Home Inspection plus the assessment of fire separations between units.
Manufactured Home inspections will include the items covered by a Home Inspection plus an assessment of the underside of the structure.